Sunday, August 9, 2009

Post Card from Paradise

Just a quick postcard from Paradise. Still out kayaking and diving on a regular basis. Just not a lot new to report. In the immortal words of one of my favorite song writers; "Life is easy when it's boring." - Sting.

Not actually "boring" just uneventful. Beautiful weather; clear skies,small swell, and gentle breezes. No dolphins or whales being seen now. Just the occasional Harbor Seal peeking out of the kelp at me. And the ever present Sea Lions lazing at Goldfish Point. The most unusual thing to report are the white Egrets standing out on a kelp patty fishing for top smelt. I have seen this behavior now two weeks in a row. And in my last two years of kayaking I have not noticed this before. Someone forgot to read the memo that they are shore birds. These birds are typically seen in the estuaries and bays around town.

No comments: